My cushion covers measured up at 21" square, so I cut the long strips into 23" lengths and zig-zagged them together:
|I just butt the edges together.|
|I use the longest stitch length and the widest width.|
|This seam will be invisible once the quilt is finished.|
After a little time spent sewing I ended up with these:
Which are just the right size for my Dresden plate cushion covers, inspired by the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:
And my pile of batting trimmings is much reduced, though still enough to make another small Frankenbatt:
The cushion covers are now finished and in place on our sofa, much more in keeping with the weather than the Christmas ones which can have a few months rest. Completing these was my stated One Monthly Goal for July and I achieved it by the 5th!
The zips/zippers (another word that gets change just a little bit crossing the Atlantic) were inserted by following this excellent tutorial from DIY Home Decor.
Today I am linking up with: