Monday 21 February 2022

Feathers and pebbles

Over the last two weeks I have made steady progress on my current quilt and have completed the feathers and the pebbles in the ladder sections. The pebbles were particularly challenging as it is very hard to see where you have already sewn with black/white/grey thread on black/white/grey fabric! I must have been crazy to decide on that colour scheme or I love my husband very much to indulge his monochrome preference in décor or, most likely a bit of both. On Sunday I took the quilt into his workplace while he was in and laid the whole shebang out on the big tables in one of the meeting rooms with lovely natural light.  


This was so that I could mark my quilting ideas for the spaces in between the ladders and in the borders.  As I was marking on plain black fabric I used a Clover white marking pen which I really like for this purpose. The "ink" is essentially a wax which shows up as the ink dries and disappears with a warm iron or moisture and does not have any chemical effect on the fabric.  The name of the pattern I used was Snakes and Ladders so having quilted my ladders now I am doing the snakes taking my inspiration from Native American art.


Today I added some extra pin basting along those edges to help prevent fabric shift and unwanted pleats, of course I had help for this activity!

With one full weekend yet to go in February I still hope to get this oldest UFO/WIP done by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment