Thursday 31 March 2022

Blue and Yellow

It has been a busy month: 

My version of Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay is ready to go out for quilting! Started in November 2011, to be completed in 2022, so my OMG was achieved  Most of those little sawtooth triangles for the final pieced border were already cut and I had the perfect neutral fabric for the inner border in my stash, I also added a narrow black border to ensure there was no risk of losing any of my points when I get to sewing on the binding.



I finished my husband's Christmas socks, Christmas 2022, but better late than never.


I caught up on my Stash Busters 2022 blocks - in fact I am very slightly ahead as I know I won't get to sew in the first week or so of April.


I did some snow dyeing too - one of the big pieces will be going off with Orca Bay to become its backing.




So did I start more projects? Yes of course I did. 

My knitting guild hosted their For The Love of Fiber festival so I bought more yarn and started in on a pair of blue and yellow socks (Ukraine colours). This is Youghiogheny Yarns Highland Sock yarn.  Next year's FtLoF will be on Saturday 18th March 2023 at the Ramada in State College PA.

 

And a Ukraine colours sunflower cushion cover is well under way. The pattern is by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique.


There are other projects on the back burner too, maybe some will get some progress made on them in April.

2 comments:

  1. Finishing your 2011 Orca quilt is such a great accomplishment! Good for you! So many fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly done now, just the binding and hanging sleeve to sew down by hand.

      Delete