Tuesday 7 June 2022

A busy patch

Wow! Two months since I last posted, sorry to be so lax on the blog frint.  Since then I have been back to the UK with my elder son and his girlfriend for his graduation ceremony at the University of Swansea.  The weather was wet and windy so photo opportunities were limited, but here he is in his finery:

Looking back at my photos I can see that I managed to finish making some boxers ...

... a quilt top, which is also now marked and pin basted ready for quilting ...


 ... helped my husband make sausages ...

... got my leg on the wrong side of one of these ...

Ouch! But all is OK now.

I also caught and recovered from covid - thank goodness for vaccinations and boosters, did some more knitting ...


... and have more knitting and sewing underway.

I would like to be able to state quilting the black/blue/purple/turquoise quilt as my One Monthly Goal for June, but have to be honest with myself and face up to it being unlikely given work and travel commitments already in place.  So I am making myself a pair of Cozipeds socks out of Knit Picks Felici Worsted as a test piece to see how much yarn they really take before making some more for gifts.  Mine are in the Zen colourway, a soothing range of blues and I am setting completing these (all ends woven in too) as my OMG for June 2022.  Here is the first sock more than halfway done:













No comments:

Post a Comment