Sunday 31 July 2022

Oh hey, look another quilt (or two) to make!

A couple of months ago we discovered that one of my knitting friends, who is married to one of my husband's colleagues, was pregnant and due in December. The next news was TWINS! So not just one baby quilt to make but two, and with a somewhat hazy make-by date.  This last week I started in on these, also last weekend I picked up my Orca Bay from the longarmer so that needs binding and labelling, and maybe a hanging sleeve because I might, just might enter it into our local show, thus my list of WIPs is growing faster than I am clearing them off.

I am at least making completed quilt tops for the most part, here are the most recent:

Rainbow Crumbs which I showed in progress earlier in the month - this is a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt at 42" square.


Giant Triple Treat, made with oversize blocks for Bonnie Hunter's 2022 Leader and Ender Challenge

My "Sew Charmed" table runner, kit bought at Las Colchas in San Antonio, pattern by Villa Rosa Designs

You can just see the backing of Orca Bay sneaking into that last photo too - more on that next time!

I am also trying to keep up with my Stash Buster blocks for 2022  - these are blocks 25 to 30 out of a planned 54, which will be enough for six 9 block quiltlets for Toys for Tots at the end of the year.

Of course at the same time as all this sewing has been happening the garden is starting to produce. Up until last week we had cukes and aubergines (eggplant), but this week the peppers and tomatoes are getting ripe enough to pick too.

Tasty Green cucumbers

Minime cucumbers

Oriental Eggplant

Peppers - various

Big tomatoes

Small tomatoes


4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your rainbow crumb quilt. Bravo! Great idea to oversize Bonnie's leader-ender block to make a quilt baby quilt. I participate in the Stash Buster Challenge too. I love this block. Such an easy block to do. Enjoy the garden. It looks very generous this year. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is always good to hear from other quilters doing the same challenges, I hope yours are going well too.

      Delete
  2. Hello! It looks like your colorful quilts and blocks are *almost* outshined by your lovely veggies. A lovely post all around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I should do a summer veg garden coloured quilt - red, greens, yellow, blue skies....

      Delete