Friday 10 March 2017

Make scraps, use scraps, make scraps...

I am not sure whether I have used more scraps or made more scraps with Christa's Colors (that still looks odd without a u in it).  I did dig into my strip boxes and use fabric from those, but I also trimmed off lots of pieces that got dropped into the scrap bag.  Those odd shaped bits will get used in crumb blocks as and when I get around to them.  All my blocks for this quilt are now made so now I can play with the layout, after all it is Design Floor Friday :)

I love working in the diffuse light on a snowy day

There will be a black or other dark border around the outside and I am toying with the idea of a narrow black/dark strip between each row.  I shall offer that idea up once the blocks are joined into rows.

In other news, I have made progress towards my OMG - the smaller table runner is no longer a UFO and now in its new home just awaiting a label.  The larger one still needs to have the binding hand stitched to the back and have a label made and attached.

Tested and approved!

So far this week we have had rain (put the tender herbs out to get some moisture), sunshine (also good for the plants) and on Thursday night we were back to snow and the plants need to come back in... It certainly felt like all four seasons in one week!


Today I am linking up with:

6 comments:

  1. Love your scrap blocks - such a pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these scrappy blocks! And your colour combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the blocks. They look great. It will be interesting to see what you do next. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from New Zealand and have to spell colour with a u in it - must be the English heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes think I am making a dent in my scraps and the next day they seem to be everywhere! Your quilt is lovely! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely result using those scraps.

    ReplyDelete